TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Scope of Service
- For Pictures
- Dark Cup Production reserves the right for selection of images which will be delivered to The client.
- Pictures Clicked by Dark Cup Production will be colour corrected and enhanced to our best efforts. Few pictures will be also provided in B/W tones..
- Style: All post production on photos are limited to colour correction and enhancement to match the standard set by our studio on all our online portfolios
- Photo Manipulation: We do not oﬀer or recommend extensive manipulation to photographs that include weight reduction, extensive skin correction, chin reduction or any other photo liquify requests.
- For Videos
- Trailer will be more like showcasing a quick mix of best moments from Pre wedding, some trailers can be interviews based and some purely music.
2. Corrections / Changes in Delivery
- For Pictures
- Please share the concerns within 21 Days of delivery of the Pictures, Once we know your concern, we will come back to you with changes in weeks time.
- All images and videos shall be delivered to The Client online, and The Client can also arrange for a hard disk where all the raw, edited photos will be transferred on the same day or on balance payment.
- For Videos
- Instances where The Client feels that they did not like a certain song from the trailer, please share an alternative song.
- Instances where The Client does not like some video footage, they can share all the time code duration with us along with the concerns of the shots replacement/different angle/color grading and we will look into the same and come back with changes in 15-20 Days. If The Client does not send the final changes within 7 days, we will assume that edit is FULL and FINAL and shall render the final video out from our systems ready for delivery.
- Video post production takes time, hence we request The Client to watch the full footage closely and tell us all the changes at once over email only. We like to do 1000 changes at once, but not single changes 1000 times
- One round of change is free of cost, any changes hence forward will be charged at 5,000/Edit.
3. Booking & Payment terms & Conditions
Booking amount is to be paid in advance to block the dates, hence no date is reserved until the booking fee is received, and thereafter the balance payment is done on the main event date & no payment shall be held citing delivery reasons whatsoever.
Kindly provide us with a single point of contact for matters relating to financial transactions.
- Advance Payment of 50% to be done to block the dates.
- Balance Payment of 50% to be done on the event date.
- No work shall commence in the event The Client fails to make any of the payments referenced by deadline set forth in contract, Editing & Delivery timelines & all processing begins after 100% realisation of payment. Any delay in payment terms set, shall exponentially delay the deliverables set forth on this contract & timelines shall be recalculated from the date of final payment.
In the event that The Client cancels the contracted services or the date is changed or the wedding gets cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather, deposit amount will not be refundable to cover for the cost and damages due to loss of work, arrangements made in form of hiring resources and hire/purchase equipments for The Client event and for the rest amount if paid, will be returned. If Dark Cup Productions cannot perform the assignment in whole or in part due to casualty, or other cause beyond the control, then Dark Cup Productions will return all fees to The Client but shall have no further liability, including emotional damages. In the unlikely event that Dark Cup Productions experiences failure or difficulties, all effort will be made to find suitable replacement equipment as soon as possible. The Equipment used on the day of filming will be at the discretion of Dark Cup Productions. If data/ footage is lost or corrupted due to equipment failure, damage, loss or theft, every effort will be made to recover/ reconstruct the date, but Dark Cup Productions cannot be held responsible for anything which cannot be recovered.
5. Travel & Stay
- Travel, Food, Accommodation & VISA fees are to be borne by The Client or billed separately by Dark Cup Productions at actuals.
- For any shoot within a radius beyond 2 hours of driving, we prefer to reach the location a day before to avoid the driving risk and miss the morning lights. Hence The Client will have to look after the stay or will be booked by The Photographer and billed additionally in the final bill.
6. Shooting Permits
The Client is responsible for acquiring all permits and necessary permission for any locations on which The Photographer will be performing services.
- Some of the locations require permission for shooting pictures & Videos, this permission is required to be obtained by The Client.
- Permission is also required to be taken for places where Drone (aerial photography or video) will be used to cover the Pre wedding. For Drone permission, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is required to obtained from the local police and respective authorities at the venue and in the name of DARK CUP PRODUCTIONS.
The Photographer makes no guarantee, either expressed or implied, in regard to the quality of the Images, if The Client arrives late for the given schedule & the lights are too dark or too sunny for photography or filming. We try to shoot at some specific hours, for example in the morning session we try to shoot by the first light for the next two or three hours depending on how hard the light gets. Similarly in the evening session we shoot at the golden hours to avoid use of any artificial lights which might make the photo look manipulated. We always try to be disciplined considering the time slot and we expect you to be the same. As missing on this time might affect the quality as well as the quantity of the photos. Also we cannot compensate or compromise the time by shooting in some additional hours, so we would always recommend not to be late.
The Photographer will provide coverage for the dates, locations and hours specified in this Agreement. Additional travel or coverage hours may be added by agreement on the Pre wedding day and must be paid in full before any photos or products are released to The Client. Every reasonable effort will be made to take requested pictures, but no specific pose or photograph can be promised. Any lists supplied will be used for organisational purposes only. Images determined by The Photographer to be substandard or duplicated may be edited out. The Photographer will use his/their professional judgement and sole discretion to select which photos to deliver for the first set.
9. Album Printing
Albums provided in the packages are at discounted price bought at a pre-booked price from our vendor, for upgrading or for additional albums, we do provide print and design services on add-on charges. Feel free to inquire for the same. Based on images selected by The Client, an album layout will be shared within 2 weeks, post approval on layout, the album can be sent to printing which takes 7 days to 21 days. This is not a fixed timeline and since the printing is outsourced to a printer, Dark Cup Productions is not responsible for any delay as a result of delay on the behalf of the printers. Selection of Images for the Album needs to be given within 3 months from date of final delivery of photos. After 3 months, Dark Cup Productions will select the images for the album based on our creative judgement and send it for printing without approval of The Client. Dark Cup Productions will not be responsible for change or layout or any missing photos for the delay caused by The Client. Two rounds of changes are free of cost, any changes hence forward will be charged at 500/Sheet.
Albums & All image sizes are nominal. Dark Cup Productions will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record on film or digitally the exact colour as seen by the human eye. Unless agreed upon prior to any editing work, high-resolution discs and/or proof sets may contain a mixture of colour, black and white, and selective colour images. Limited colour correction and/or retouching are included at Dark Cup Productions discretion. All photographs/albums supplied by Dark Cup Productions are produced to the highest standards using the best quality materials and latest processing techniques. However, all photographs will, in time, fade. This is particularly true if they are left in bright sunlight and are not behind glass. Dark Cup Productions cannot accept any responsibility for this gradual image deterioration. All pictures/albums purchased are presumed to have been received in good condition unless The Client notifies Dark Cup Productions in writing of any discrepancy or error within 14 days of receipt. After this no claim will be entertained by Dark Cup Productions.
11. Digital File Quality
Dark Cup Productions is committed to providing high-quality services. Unless otherwise specified, Dark Cup Productions may deliver, and Client agrees to accept, the Image(s) encoded in an industry-standard data format that Dark Cup Productions may select, at a resolution that Dark Cup Productions determines will be suitable to the subject matter of the Image(s) and the reproduction technology and use(s) for which the Image(s) is licensed. Due to variances in monitor calibrations, software, and computer platforms, digital files may display differently on different monitors. Therefore, neutrals will be set for mathematical neutrality and colour will be adjusted for pleasing tonalities. It is the Client's responsibility to verify that the digital data, including colour profile, if provided, are suitable for reproduction of the expected quality and colour accuracy, and that all necessary steps are taken to ensure correct reproduction. If the data are not deemed suitable.
12. Model Release
The Client hereby assign(s) and grant(s) Dark Cup Productions and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of The Client or in which The Client may be included, for editorial, trade, any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The Client hereby release (s) Dark Cup Productions and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that Dark Cup Productions may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as photography books, photography instructional books, studio display, and any other purpose thought proper by Dark Cup Productions. , studio display, and any other purpose thought proper by Dark Cup Productions.
13. Non Disclosure Agreement
We will post your images / videos online on social media sites and our website, and we may even submit these images for certain magazine articles and competitions. Rest assured, these images will not be used for commercial purposes, only for promoting our work. If you don’t want us to publish your content on our site, this has to be specified at the time of booking Dark Cup Production. We charge an additional 25% of the total package amount because we get more work only when we showcase our existing work. This is non-negotiable. If we were not able to do so, you, as a prospective client, would not have been able to find and hire us. It is only fair that all the other prospective clients are also able to see the good work that we do at your wedding.
14. Delay by Dark Cup Production
It is rare that the delivery of the Photos is delayed beyond said time. There are certain factors that the delivery of photos get delayed, We handpick each of the photos and colour correct it personally, due to any such events beyond the control of Dark Cup Production such as act of god, pandemics or any accidental or other cause, the timeline might get delayed, and The Client will be informed beforehand.
It is also rare that the delivery of the film is delayed, but it is possible that the director of the film / director of the company is unhappy with some portion of the film and requests for a re-edit - in which case a delay might happen. All we can say is that it is for the benefit of the film and The Client. Most great cinema blockbusters have been delayed but have turned out better due to the re-edit. So it is all in good spirits. We apologise for the inconvenience (should a delay happen) but assure you that we will not release anything that we don't absolutely adore. So please be patient and give us time to work our magic.