TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Scope of Service
- For Pictures
- Dark Cup Production reserves the right for selection of images which will be delivered to The client.
- Candid Pictures Clicked by Dark Cup Production will be colour corrected and enhanced to our best efforts. Few pictures will be also provided in B/W tones..
- Style: All post production on photos are limited to colour correction and enhancement to match the standard set by our studio on all our online portfolios
- Photo Manipulation: We do not oﬀer or recommend extensive manipulation to photographs that include weight reduction, extensive skin correction, chin reduction or any other photo liquify requests.
- For Videos
- Trailer will be more like the highlight from the events from your wedding, showcasing a quick mix of best moments from weddings, some trailers can be interviews based and some purely music.
- You will also get an extended Full length cinematic Movie. This will have more in depth coverage of each function and will follow a pattern on how events unfolded (Sequential).
2. Corrections / Changes in Delivery
- For Pictures
- Please share the concerns within 12 Days of delivery of the Pictures, Once we know your concern, we will come back to you with changes in weeks time. If The Client does not send the final changes within 12 days, we will assume that edit is FULL and FINAL and hence no changes will be accepted.
- All Edited images and videos shall be delivered to The Client online, and also all the raw, edited photos & videos will be transferred on The Clients 1TB or 2TB hard disk at the end of all the deliverables, Once sets of images are transferred to The Client, we request The Client to have multiple copies as backup. 21 Days post delivery we will delete all the pictures & Videos from our Archive.
- One rounds of changes in Album draft are free of cost, any changes hence forward will be charged at 1000/Sheet for changes not included in the previous round.
- For Videos
- One rounds of changes in the Trailer & One round in Full Film means that once the couple sees the film for the first time, they can add / delete some clips as per their liking. Some close relatives whose footage is unintentionally missed by the editors can be added in this round. Any other minor changes can also be corrected. But please note that major changes may not be possible or charged extra at 15,000/Edit for changes not included in the previous rounds.
- Examples of major changes are addition of an event / events, Multiple Changes in music track, Replacement of more than ten clips of friends / relatives etc.
- We usually do not allow changes unless and until there is something that needs to be done, for example missing out on your close people or if there is something that is irrelevant to your wedding. Rest we believe that the end result is something that we are paid for as an artist, getting to many changes and directing it with a different perspective or taste may end up on something that may differ on what we commit.
- If The Client does not send the final changes within 12 days, we will assume that edit is FULL and FINAL and shall render the final video out from our systems ready for delivery. Please be very careful about this point. We shall not be in position to entertain any changes, whatsoever, in the video beyond the stipulated 12 days time.
- Video post production takes time, hence we request The Client to watch the full footage closely and tell us all the changes at once over email only. We like to do 1000 changes at once, but not single changes 1000 times
3. Booking & Payment terms & Conditions
Booking amount is to be paid in advance to block the dates, hence no date is reserved until the booking fee is received, and thereafter the balance payment is done on the first day of the event & no payment shall be held citing delivery reasons whatsoever. Kindly provide us with a single point of contact for matters relating to financial transactions.
- Advance Payment of 30% to be done to block the dates.
- Balance Payment of 70% to be done on the first day of the event.
- No work shall commence in the event if The Client fails to make any of the payments referenced by deadline set forth in contract, Editing & Delivery timelines & all processing begins after 100% realisation of payment. Any delay in payment terms set, shall exponentially delay the deliverables set forth on this contract & timelines shall be recalculated from the date of final payment.
Advance Deposit amount is non - refundable. In the event that The Client cancels the contracted services or the date is changed or the wedding gets cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather, any deposit amount will not be refundable to cover for the cost and damages due to loss of work, arrangements made in form of hiring resources and hire/purchase equipments for The Client event and for the rest amount if paid, will be returned. If Dark Cup Production cannot perform the assignment in whole or in part due to casualty, or other cause beyond the control, then Dark Cup Production will return all fees to The Client but shall have no further liability, including emotional damages. The Equipment used on the day of filming will be at the discretion of Dark Cup Production. If data/ footage is lost or corrupted due to equipment failure, damage, loss or theft, every effort will be made to recover/ reconstruct the date, but Dark Cup Production cannot be held responsible for anything which cannot be recovered. In case the wedding gets postponed due to COVID-19, we will cover it on another date. The new date, however, will have to be communicated 2 month in advance. Advance payments are completely non-refundable as they are to block our dates after which we will turn down other clients on those dates. In case the wedding is cancelled due to Covid, you will get a credit for the advance payment which can be availed by you, your family and friends for future events within a year.
5. Travel, F&B & Stay
- For all assignments Travel, Accommodation, VISA fees, F&B & Local Logistics for shoots outside Mumbai are to be borne by The clients & will be estimated before booking. Airways will be the default mode of transport for all outstation assignments. Dark Cup Production will not be held accountable for delays caused due to flight cancellation as well as flight delays.
- Dark Cup Production typically stays as a guest of the family – and encourages you to have us at the same venue where you will be staying (if you’re having a destination wedding), or a venue that is CLOSE to where you’re staying. This is to maximise the time we spend with you, and make sure we can arrive early and stay late without worrying about travel.
- Dark Cup Production team will be counted as guests of the wedding and will have full access to banqueting and other such refreshments (nonalcoholic) at the functions. This is due to the nature of the job, and the fact that photographers are always on duty. Should the Client express the desire for the team to arrange their own food the same has to be informed to us prior the event. The per person food plate will cost at a rate of INR.2000 per person per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner incl.) and will be billed additional. The team will not consume any Alcoholic beverages during the time of the event.
6. Gear Management
- Equipment used by the Dark Cup Production team is the best & expensive, hence we request The Client and their guests not to misbehave while we shoot and be careful of surroundings.
- The Client agrees to indemnify Dark Cup Production for the losses, damages of equipment and any direct damages whatsoever caused due to a wilful misconduct or gross negligence of The Client.
7. Shooting Permits
The Client is responsible for acquiring all permits and necessary permission for any locations on which Dark Cup Production will be performing services.
- Most of the venues where the event occurs, requires permission for shooting pictures & Videos, this permission is required to be obtained by The Client or the event company through which The Client services are availed of.
- For Drone permission, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is required to be obtained from the local police and respective authorities at the venue and in the name of DARK CUP PRODUCTION to avoid any kind of restrictions.
8. Cooperation & Event Guide
The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. Dark Cup Production is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, nor for missed images due to details not revealed to Dark Cup Production. The Client will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. Dark Cup Production will NOT be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s), Dark Cup Production recommends that The Client designate a person to point out important individuals to Dark Cup Production, whom The Client wishes to include in informal or candid photographs.
9. Album Printing
Albums are not part of the packages, we do provide print and design services. Feel free to inquire for the same. Based on images selected by The Client, an album layout will be shared within 1 week, post approval on layout, the album can be sent to printing which takes 7 days to 30 days or more depending on the vendor. This is not a fixed timeline and since the printing is outsourced to a printer, Dark Cup Production is not responsible for any delay as a result of delay on the behalf of the printers. Selection of Images for the Album needs to be given within 3 months from date of final delivery of photos. After 3 months, Dark Cup Production will select the images for the album based on our creative judgement and send it for printing without approval of The Client. Dark Cup Production will not be responsible for change or layout or any missing photos for the delay caused by The Client.
The Client acknowledges that they have seen the portfolio/samples of Dark Cup Production work and understand and agree with their style of photography/cinematography and trust their creative judgement. The Client also understands that the images/videos shown in the portfolio are indicators and may or may not be replicated during their assignment. All requests regarding photography should be communicated in advance before the event. Coverage will cover Bride & Groom getting ready for Wedding, Portraits of Bride & Groom. The main focus will be on the Bride, Groom and their immediate family members and close friends/relatives who are actively participating in the celebrations, While we will definitely capture the light moments between the guests, we cannot warrant for 100% guest coverage. We only do candid style photography & Films which does not include food eating shots, stage group shots (other than important & close family members), or Room Pujas which Studio photographers offer in the market, hence for any request made to do so would be respectfully turned down and we recommend you to hire a Traditional Photographer or Videographer locally if needed. Dark Cup Production Team will be available to work for acceptable hours which is for full day events is a 10-12 hours shift & for half day events is 3-6 hours. Any last minute request for additional travel or coverage hours beyond acceptable hours will be billed at Rs. 10,000 INR per hour and must be paid in full before any photos or products are released to The Client. Every reasonable effort will be made to take requested pictures, but no specific pose or photograph can be promised. Images determined by Dark Cup Production to be substandard or duplicated may be edited out. Dark Cup Production will use his/their professional judgement and sole discretion to select which photos to deliver in the set.
Dark Cup Production makes no guarantee, either expressed or implied, in regard to the quality of the Images, if the artificial lighting provided by The Client at the venue is unsuitable or too dark for photography or filming. It is strongly advised by Dark Cup Production to avoid any use of coloured LED lighting or any other form of coloured or flickering lighting in the ambient areas, sitting areas or performance areas for the wedding. It is recommended to have a face light for the sangeet Performances. Coloured lighting if any should be restricted to the peripheral decorations only. Bright and WARM LED lighting should be provided in all ceremony and guest areas. Dark Cup Production will not be held responsible for couple portraits not taken due to running behind schedules as that would take up any spare time required portraits on wedding day or Non-cooperation of Makeup artist or any other vendor. Dark Cup Production will not be held responsible for any photographs ruined due to Lateness of the Individuals to be photographed, schedule complications, bad weather, accidents, guests, Lights or LED by other Photographer/Videographer, venue restrictions or due to any other cause outside of Dark Cup Production control. Dark Cup Production also advised to avoid using Pink, Red or any Dark coloured at the top of Mandap. Please use light or ambient colours for better output.
12. Digital File Quality
Dark Cup Production is committed to providing high-quality services. Unless otherwise specified, Dark Cup Production may deliver, and Client agrees to accept, the Image(s) encoded in an industry-standard data format that Dark Cup Production may select, at a resolution that Dark Cup Production determines will be suitable to the subject matter of the Image(s) and the reproduction technology and use(s) for which the Image(s) is licensed. Due to variances in monitor calibrations, software, and computer platforms, digital files may display differently on different monitors. Therefore, neutrals will be set for mathematical neutrality and colour will be adjusted for pleasing tonalities. It is the Client's responsibility to verify that the digital data, including colour profile, if provided, are suitable for reproduction of the expected quality and colour accuracy, and that all necessary steps are taken to ensure correct reproduction. If the data are not deemed suitable.
Albums & All image sizes are nominal. Dark Cup Production will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record on film or digitally the exact colour as seen by the human eye. Unless agreed upon prior to any editing work, high-resolution discs and/or proof sets may contain a mixture of colour, black and white, and selective colour images. Limited colour correction and/or retouching are included at Dark Cup Production discretion. All photographs/albums supplied by Dark Cup Production are produced to the highest standards using the best quality materials and latest processing techniques. However, all photographs will, in time, fade. This is particularly true if they are left in bright sunlight and are not behind glass. Dark Cup Production cannot accept any responsibility for this gradual image deterioration. All pictures/albums purchased are presumed to have been received in good condition unless The Client notifies Dark Cup Production in writing of any discrepancy or error within 14 days of receipt. After this no claim will be entertained by Dark Cup Production.
14. Model Release
The Client hereby assign(s) and grant(s) Dark Cup Production and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of The Client or in which The Client may be included, for editorial, trade, any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The Client hereby release (s) Dark Cup Production and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that Dark Cup Production may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as photography books, photography instructional books, studio display, and any other purpose thought proper by Dark Cup Production.
15. Non Disclosure Agreement
We will post your images / videos online on social media sites and our website, and we may even submit these images for certain magazine articles and competitions. Rest assured, these images will not be used for commercial purposes, only for promoting our work. If you don’t want us to publish your content on our site, this has to be specified at the time of booking Dark Cup Production. We charge an additional 50% of the total package amount because we get more work only when we showcase our existing work. This is non-negotiable. If we were not able to do so, you, as a prospective client, would not have been able to find and hire us. It is only fair that all the other prospective clients are also able to see the good work that we do at your wedding.
16. Delay by Dark Cup Production
It is rare that the delivery of the Photos is delayed beyond said time. There are certain factors that the delivery of photos get delayed, We handpick each of the photos and colour correct it personally, due to any such events beyond the control of Dark Cup Production such as act of god, pandemics or any accidental or other cause, the timeline might get delayed, and The Client will be informed beforehand.
It is also rare that the delivery of the film is delayed, but it is possible that the director of the film / director of the company is unhappy with some portion of the film and requests for a re-edit - in which case a delay might happen. All we can say is that it is for the benefit of the film and The Client. Most great cinema blockbusters have been delayed but have turned out better due to the re-edit. So it is all in good spirits. We apologise for the inconvenience (should a delay happen) but assure you that we will not release anything that we don't absolutely adore. So please be patient and give us time to work our magic.